Sunday 20 February 2011

What is a designer? What do they do?

These are questions of the utmost importance to my peers and I. They are also questions for which I do not have  clear answers. At least I have a few years to figure it out. Who I really feel sorry for are the people who have been practicing "designers" for as long as I've been alive and still don't have a clue.

Frank Crimero seems to have the same questions I have and is moving forward with figuring out some answers. He's putting together a book about the role of the designer in the modern world and it looks quite interesting. Here is a link to his page on Kickstarter.com where he is getting his funding for the book. I pledged $5.00 for his project which gets me a digital copy of the book when it's finished, so I'm excited about that. I wish I could have pledged more.

The Shape of Design by Frank Crimero

No comments:

Post a Comment