Wednesday 9 February 2011

The Biscuit Factory - Someday I'll have this

Last Sunday I stopped in The Biscuit Factory in New Castle. Didn't know it at the time, but it is the largest commercial art gallery in all of Europe. This place is great. Two stories of art for sale. Each floor had to be 6000 sq feet. Also had a fine dining restaurant and bar on the first floor and a cafe on the second. There were work spaces for resident artists and even a frame shop. Every corner of this place down to the faucets in the bathrooms was designed with style. The best part of the place was that it wasn't snobby or elitist. Everyone seemed welcome there, and they had art ranging from $20 - $20,000.

In our third year, we have to write a business plan. I think I'll start by adding a blacksmith shop to this.

The Biscuit Factory

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'll have to add this of my places to go before I die. Maybe by then I'll be able to afford a Bowler from Harrod's. ;) This sounds fantastic. I always enjoy these types of working studios, and have experienced varying levels of sophistication and success. The fact that you are thinking about incorporating this idea into your business plan brings me great joy and hope!

    ReplyDelete