Sunday 27 February 2011

Sketchbook pages...

They certainly aren't great, but I think it's good to show a starting point in my drawing so that I have something to improve upon. Although, I may never be totally proud of my drawing, I do hope to someday have total confidence in my ability to communicate my ideas.


Practicing some "product design" sketching. I really like this style of drawing because it communicates very clearly.


Some ideas for my bowl connection.


A rough sketch for a table base. 


Some candle holders.


Observational sketches.


Design for wood joint.


A bi-level art nouveau style bench.


A rough design for the hubcap piece for the landfillart.org artist collective.


Details of little men for the sculpture.









2 comments:

  1. I think the drawings are really improving and starting to really communicate your ideas. Once you communicate your ideas successfully your true medium will be successful in the iron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are those who prefer to "sketch in iron" or "let the material lead you," but I still believe that the ability to strongly explore and document an idea on paper will ALWAYS make for a better piece and easier work-flow once you get out into the studio. Nice drawings!

    ReplyDelete