Monday 24 January 2011

Japanese wood joinery connection in progress...

My god, the Japanese are precise! Is a racial stereotype still racist if its complimentary? All I know is that I like the way those people work, and the way they prepare raw fish. 

Got this connection idea from a video I watched about complicated wood joinery. I like that it is very solid when assembled, but can be easily taken apart. 

Hoping to translate it into forged steel at some point. Maybe as part of larger piece, or maybe just on its own.

Original drawing in two point perspective. Have other drawings, too, but they're shit, so I'll redo them before I post them.  

Using different types of wood for the different pieces to create some contrast between the components. Masonite for the base and upright. Pine for the other two components. Probably stain one pine piece and just poly the other.

May go with a hardwood for the wedges, or even forge them .


Everything is fitting together well so far.


 Letting the glue set up overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment