Sunday 20 March 2011

Some new samples




In the early stages of my collections and fascinations brief at this point and just going for some literal translation of my interests into metal. Here is my interpretation of tire tread from an old WWII style bike. 

This piece led to more exploration of creating contours within the confines of joined components. After I made this sample, I started looking at wire frame modeling and the possibilities of this effect on larger scales following more complex contours. This is evident in the following samples.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having fun there, Bobby! Are those forms pressed (I'm assuming)? I really enjoy the MC tire tread reference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they are dished under the fly press. This one was done cold, but the other ones were done hot.

    ReplyDelete